Market Research Engine has published a new report entitled the “Global Connected Aircraft Market, Trends and Forecast, 2015–2020”. It says the global connected aircraft market is expected to exceed $6bn by 2020.
It says the global connected aircraft market is growing due to the growing demand of inflight internet by air passengers.
From one route, one passenger today, the sector will support 50,000 routes and carry more than three billion passengers globally.
By 2030, it is estimated that the passenger aircraft fleet size will be almost double the present size.
The market is supported by the growth in the number of global air passengers and growing demand for inflight connectivity services, such as inflight Wi-Fi especially from business class and millennials.
The market is also supporting the growth of the related market, such as software developers, content developers, game developers, gaming device manufacturers, e-magazines, and hospitality and retail sectors.
The report says: “The global connected aircraft market is presently leading in the developed economies such as North America and Europe.
“It is expected that by 2020, Asia Pacific, excluding Japan, will be one of the biggest connected aircraft markets due to the growing demand and growing number of air passengers.”
Here are a few highlights of the market report:
• From seat-centric entertainment systems, the market is slowly shifting towards lightweight, technology-friendly tablets. In other words, portable entertainment devices are slowly replacing seat-centric systems.
• On demand audio-video services are becoming one of the popular passenger entertainment services.
• Upcoming connected aircraft services include on-board infotainment services and the live telecast of news and sports inside the aircraft.
• The new connectivity technologies, such as Ka-band, are helping airlines to provide high-speed inflight internet.
• US, Germany and China are one of the leading connected aircraft markets in their respective regions. That is, North America, Western Europe and Asia Pacific excluding Japan.
You can request a sample of the $4500 report at: www.marketresearchengine.com