US-based JetBlue is now offering-free and speedy Wi-Fi connectivity on every aircraft from the departure to the arrival gate.
JetBlue’s Fly-Fi, which offers broadband speeds keeps customers connected with an Internet experience similar to what they have at home, including the ability to stream video and use multiple devices at once.
The service enables JetBlue to deliver Amazon Video streaming entertainment to customers onboard to their personal devices, as well as web surfing and chatting on favourite messaging apps.
First introduced in December 2013 on a single aircraft, JetBlue has expanded Fly-Fi, recently completing installation on its entire fleet of 227 Airbus A320s, A321s and Embraer 190s.
During this time, Fly-Fi has become one of the airline’s most popular features, joining other customer-favourites like free DIRECTV at every seat.
Jamie Perry, Vice President of Marketing, JetBlue, said: “It’s 2017 and our customers expect to be connected everywhere, whether that be from the comfort of their sofa or 35,000 feet above it.
“That’s why we’re so proud that we are now the only airline to offer free, high-speed Wi-Fi, live TV and movies for all customers on every plane.”
JetBlue Gate-to-Gate Connectivity
Gate-to-gate Fly-Fi eliminates the need to wait until reaching cruising altitude to get connected.
With access to fresh and free content in and out of Fly-Fi coverage areas, the airline says its entertainment portal “The Hub” offers customers the ability to read, watch, buy and learn while onboard.
Fly-Fi builds on the airline’s existing in-flight offerings offered on seat-back televisions and personal devices:
- 36 channels of free DIRECTV on E190 and A320 aircraft and 100-plus channels on A321 aircraft
- 100-plus channels of free SiriusXM fleet-wide
- Free Hollywood blockbusters on seat-back televisions
- Newly-added audio/visual on-demand (AVOD) on A321 touch screens at every seat, allowing customers to choose and control playback of nearly 30 curated movie selections including the latest Hollywood blockbusters and JetBlue crew member picks
- Curated video from Amazon, PureWow, and more on the JetBlue TV channel